Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Updates and musings

It has been quite a while since I last posted on here. A lot has happened to me in that time. First of all I think I should say that I ended up going to America in January! And it was everything I could have hoped for. I went there for an exchange program for my university. I got to go to all these amazing places but probably my favourite place would have been New York City. To be honest, I still find it hard to find the words to describe how amazing that city is. People always ask me what is so amazing about it and I always answer the same way. Everything. Everything about NYC is amazing. And the thing about that is, when I give that answer to people, it is only the ones who have already been to NYC that go 'I get it. I totally get it.'

Another thing that I loved about the US was visiting North Carolina for my exchange program. I went to Charlotte, NC. The people that I met there were absolutely tremendous. Some Aussie friends that I made over there all went over to one of the exchange co-ordinators house for pizza and movie watching. I felt rather homesick at that point but doing something like that made me realise that movies and pizza and just hanging out and having fun is not just unique to home. This made me feel a lot better and made going home a lot harder in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment